Fun Facts About The Seniors
Population is a common term used for representing the citizens of any place may it be a country, a continent of the world itself. Within the population lie different categories in which people of different age groups can be placed like the infants, children, teens, adults and then the senior citizens.
The senior citizens are generally those who are above the age of 60. They are kept in this category in order to facilitate them with some benefits and granting them an upper hand over the others. It is also known as the age group of the retired. Generally most of the people who fall under this age bound are found to be retired from their job or work. For those who are still found to be working is either because of the retirement extension or they are self-employed.
There are many facts about the senior citizens that are still unknown. Most of the people are unaware of the fun facts associated with the senior citizens.
Well, this article will surely guide the readers and will surely amuse them with some of the rarest but fun facts about them. Let’s have a look:
- There are facts which show that there are around 9.1 million of people who still come under the category of military veterans.
- Around 5 million people who come under the category of senior citizens still have jobs!
- According to the stats till the year 2004, there were 73% of senior citizens who had a high school degree or diploma.
- Around 19% of the same senior citizens had earned themselves a bachelor’s degree of a high level education till the 2004 records.
- Talking about the marital status, 56% of the senior citizens were married as per the 2004 studies.
- Around 31% senior citizens were sadly widowed by 2004.
- One of the best associated facts is that the senior citizens account to the highest percentage when it comes to the presidential voting campaign.
- Around 41% of votes are expected from the senior citizens by the year 2040.
- Most of the people would be shocked to know that around 81% of the people who fall under the category of senior citizens have a house of their own. This was stated as per the studies till the year 2005.
- About 11.3 million of senior citizens like to indulge themselves in exercise practices like that of walking and strolling.
- Around 78% of the household senior citizens have a motor vehicle of their own.
- Moreover, around 3% have either three or more cars for their very own use that too at their disposal!
- Stats prove that about 40% of the senior citizens have a computer at their place among which 25% have an internet connection as well.
- Studies reveal that the ratio of men is to women is quite different from that of the youngsters. It states that there are 75 men for every 100 women who fall in the category of senior citizens.
Next time, when you find a senior citizen passing by, he might be one of those falling in categories stated above.